Although there are many options to choose from when selecting an integration platform, choosing one is important because it will be supporting mission critical systems. As a SuccessFactors and Dell Boomi partner, 3D Results has completed hundreds of integrations using Dell Boomi AtomSphere®, an Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS). In this article, I’ll list the top 5 reasons why we recommend AtomSphere for your SuccessFactors integrations.
1. Rapid DevelopmentDell Boomi AtomSphere allows you to configure integrations quickly ‑ a key requirement for SaaS implementations. While a traditional on-premise implementation can take well over a year, the average time for a SaaS implementation is five months. This means that there is limited time for the integrations to be developed or the project launch will be delayed. This is particularly true when multiple integrations need to be completed simultaneously.
AtomSphere has several features that allow for rapid design, configuration, and deployment:
- An out-of-the-box SuccessFactors connector (described below)
- An intuitive user interface for configuration that requires no coding
- Support for pre-built components and reusable objects
- Quick provisioning with no setup time needed
- The ability to use pre-built integration flows (iFlows) either from SuccessFactors or from third-party vendors
- Patented, crowd-sourced features called Suggest, Assure and Resolve that let customers tap into the knowledge of the Dell Boomi community for best practices
The SuccessFactors connector.AtomSphere comes with out-of-the-box connectors, includingone for SuccessFactors, that allow you to simply enter credentials and start interacting with the destination system. It’s that fast, and there’s no need to write a single line of code! All that’s needed is to map fields and format some data. The connector provides you with a range of ready-to-use functions, such as the ability to query, update or delete information.
While the cost to implement an integration platform has historically been prohibitive, Dell Boomi AtomSphere is a cloud service-so no hardware or systems are required. This also means that updates and releases are automatic and there is virtually no downtime for upgrades and maintenance.
SuccessFactors offers very competitive pricing for the use of the Dell Boomi platform, and in fact, Dell Boomi AtomSphere is included at no additional cost with the Employee Central module.
In addition to the connector from Dell Boomi to SuccessFactors, SuccessFactors provides out-of-the-box content (interfaces, templates, connectors, mappings, workflows) packaged for different product modules. These are essentially starter bundles that allow you to “pay as you grow” with the use of AtomSphere in your organization.
Developing integrations in the cloud may be a concern for some clients and their IT security staff. However, Dell Boomi does not store data in its data center at any point while integration processes are running. This is an important assurance, since it means that data is not being waylaid while it interoperates across systems.
Dell is an established company and their acquisition of Boomi added financial stability to the organization. From a growth perspective, Dell Boomi has been identified by Gartner in both 2014 and 2015 as “a Leader in Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service” in its Magic Quadrant. Boomi has been on a positive growth trajectory since being acquired by Dell, serving thousands of customers around the world.
5. Product Capabilities
These key features of AtomSphere have been indispensable to us when rapidly building out integrations for our clients.
- Any programmer knows how difficult versioning can be, especially among a group working on the same integration. AtomSphere saves each version of the integration and makes it easily accessible; you can compare previous revisions and version information such as author, and exact date and time of the update. Rolling back changes has never been easier.
- With Dell Boomi AtomSphere you can log as much or as little information as you want. By default, the integration generates a log with basic information, but you can add your own detailed information for each step of the integration. This can be very beneficial for debugging, especially during the first few months after go-live.
- Once you have created the integration, it’s time to set a time for it to run on a schedule. Scheduling an integration in AtomSphere is very simple. Using an intuitive graphic interface, you can choose to run an integration for a certain duration and set it to re-try automatically if the integration should fail due to a timeout or other similar error.
Overall, Dell Boomi AtomSphere shortens development time, avoids tedious low-level coding and makes the integration process more efficient.
3D Results is a certified implementation partner for Dell Boomi, and we’d be happy to discuss your integration needs.
Read some of our other posts on SuccessFactors integrations.