The number of organizations replacing existing on-premise human capital management (HCM) applications with agile, integrated, and innovative cloud-based software is on the rise. What is often overlooked and prevents an organization from realizing its goals is that an equal amount of energy needs to be spent on change management – understanding and planning for process changes and how they impact people. A thorough analysis of the current and future state helps to identify the extent of the changes your organization will experience during and after an HCM system implementation. But, identifying the changes is not enough to ensure your employees will embrace a new way of working. This is why a holistic approach to change management is needed.
Ask yourself these five questions before starting your HCM system implementation:
- How has your organization dealt with past change efforts?
- Is there a clearly articulated case for change?
- Does your organization have a socialized change management framework?
- Have you identified what success looks like?
- Do you have the right people and roles for your change team?